Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Little Session on the big jump.

The other day Nate and I decided to take a stab at the 70 footer in the middle of unbound park. When i first saw it i was intimidated by it for sure but once i got up close it wasn't as big as i had thought and nothing compared to the 100 feet of the Stylewars jump from last season. So Nate naturally hit it first boom straight air perfect speed maybe a little slow. Second hit back 7 like butter. By this time i was following behind him to work out my speed so next run i could hit it. Nate's third hit front five, now it was my turn i was pretty scared because it's the biggest jump I've hit in a little while. First hit everything was sweet, perfect speed maybe a little big. I decided to do another straight air just to dial the speed in perfect. Nate didn't hit her this time because the sun was behind the clouds and it's a big jump to hit in the dark. Next run Nate hit it up first, Switch backside seven attempt he got smoked... toe edge just after landing, gnarliest crash he's had in a while. This time i decided to just straight air her again because Jason was following me so i could show him the speed. I took a straight line than last time and it was clear that the snow had slowed down alot under the sun and i ate the knuckle and bounced but still rode away. After that scare for both of us we called it a day and headed home.
In one of my previous posts there is a nice photo of how big the jump really is or.
For a little video click
HERE
for the comrades blog. For some reason Coach recorded over half of the jump footage thats why there is none of me and only two shots of Nate... kinda lame yea?

No comments:

Post a Comment